The Thomas P. Mooney Funeral Home, LLC was purchased by Tom Mooney in 1976. At that time the funeral home was called The LeClair Chapel. The building at 11 Elm Street had been a funeral home for many years. It was formerly owned by Edward Mutterer until his death in 1957, The Tebbutt Funeral Home from Albany and eventually Ernest LeClair. Ernest LeClair had worked for Tebbutt and eventually purchased the funeral home. Ernest and his wife Penny lived at the funeral home until moving to ColdWater Tavern Road. In 1976 Tom purchased the funeral home from Ernest and Penny LeClair. In 2008 Tom’s son, Terry, completed his internship at The Daniel Keenan Funeral Home in Albany and joined his father in business.